Lake Placid Activities
For the most up to date information on activities and events in Lake Placid visit www.lakeplacid.com. Detailed information regarding festivals, hiking trails, attractions, and much, much, more can be found on that site.
For detailed information on Whiteface Mountain including conditions, please visit www.whiteface.com
22 Things to Do in Lake Placid NY
- Go shopping down Main Street
- Relax in an Adirondack chair overlooking beautiful Mirror Lake
- Ride the Cloudspitter Gondola up Whiteface Mountain and taken in the beautiful summit views
- Drink craft beer at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery
- Tour the bobsled and luge facilities at the Lake Placid Olympic Sports Complex
- Hit the greens at the Whiteface Club & Resort Golf Course
- Get delicious crepes at Big Mountain Deli and Creperie on Main Street to go and have a picnic alongside Mirror Lake.
- Test your miniature golf skills at Boots and Birdies
- Tour the scenic Adirondack Mountains by train on the Adirondack Scenic Railway
- Sample various unique flavors of popcorn at The Adirondack Popcorn Co.
- Take a road trip to Ausable Chasm and go rafting down the Ausable River
- Cliff dive off the cliffs of Pulpit Rock
- Visit Saranac Lake nearby and go rail-biking with Rail Explorers
- Experience an adrenaline rush like no other whitewater rafting down the Hudson River
- Find an Adirondack chair at the dock of the lake and take in the beautiful scenery
- Go ice skating in the Olympic arena
- Go fishing on the Ausable River
- Try Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Enjoy mountain biking on the specially designed mountain bike trails throughout the region
- Take a hike at one of our beautiful 46 high peaks
- Eat the award-winning French toast at The Country Bear
- Explore hundreds of nearby Adirondack lakes, ponds and rivers
Ready to plan an unforgettable Adirondack getaway? Browse our Lake Placid Hotel rooms, then give us a call at 1(800)790-8452 to book your stay today!