25 Things to Do in Lake Placid in the Summer
Planning an Adirondack summer vacation this year? You’ll find so many fun things to do in Lake Placid NY during the summer months! The fresh mountain air, warm sunshine, numerous waterways and trails to hike make Lake Placid the perfect place to visit this summer. Check out our top picks below!
Here are 25 of our top favorite things to do near our Lake Placid hotel in the summer:
- Relax in an Adirondack chair and take in the beautiful views of Mirror Lake
- Enjoy a cold beer at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery
- Take a guided tour to explore the Adirondacks beautiful landscape and waterways
- Explore hundreds of miles of lakes, ponds and rivers
- Enjoy numerous watersports including flatwater paddling, SUP’s and whitewater rafting
- Test your golfing skills at Whiteface Club & Resort Golf Course
- Go fishing on Ausable River
- Tour the bobsled and luge at the Lake Placid Olympic Sports Complex
- Play a round of miniature golf at the Adirondack Equine Center
- Ride up the gondola and take in the breathtaking views at the top of Whiteface Mountain.
- Window shop down Lake Placid's Main Street - right out the door from our hotel!
- Eat breakfast at The Country Bear Diner – home of the North Country’s best French Toast
- Visit the John Brown Farm State Historic Site to see a hidden gem of history
- Stop into Saratoga Olive Oil to sample some unique olive oil flavors
- Take a stroll along the Brewster Peninsula Nature Trails
- Get out on the water! Take a boat tour with Lake Placid Marina & Boat Tours
- Enjoy some wine tastings at the Swedish Hill Winery Tasting Room
- Hike Algonquin Mountain for a great adventure, the second highest peak in the Adirondacks.
- Visit a number of gift and specialty shops along Main St. to pick up some souvenirs for friends and family
- Get your adrenaline pumping while waterskiing or jet skiing in Lake Placid
- Explore nearby pristine lakes including Lake Champlain and Saranac Lake - a quick drive from our hotel in downtown Lake Placid
- Take a wake surfing lesson with ADK Aquatics
- Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch on a blanket by Mirror Lake
- Approximately 35 minutes from our hotel, The Wild Center in Tupper Lake NY is a great place to visit. Wander up a trail of bridges to the treetops of the Adirondack forest. They also offer exhibit halls and woodland trails.
- Visit the High Peaks Information Center to get a wealth of information on local hikes and trails in the area
This list of activities and things to do just scratches the surface of the fun you can have in the Adirondack region this summer! Stay at our downtown Lake Placid hotel to do one or many. Check availability and book now today!